Tempeh is a traditional Indonesian soy based product. It uses the whole soy bean and therefore has quite a nice firm texture. You can find this product in most health shops.
This salad is a great to share as a side dish or as a main where you can munch it all to yourself!
A few handfuls of little gem lettuce leaves
A few tablespoons of cooked chickpeas
Three sticks of tempeh
A few sprigs of parsley
The tahini sauce
A tablespoon of tahini
A clove of garlic
A glug of olive oil
Juice of a half a lemon
A pinch of salt and pepper
- Fry your sticks of tempeh in a few drops of oil, fry until crispy.
- Rise and drain the lettuce leaves. There’s no need to chop them up, just place evenly around the plate.
- Chop tomato into smallish cubes and scatter over the leaves.
- Scatter a few tablespoons of chickpeas over the salad.
- Chop the parsley finely and sprinkle evenly around the plate.
- Cut up the tempeh into chunks and scatter over the salad.
- Now move on to the tahini sauce. Add the tahini into a small bowl or dish.
- Add a pinch or too of salt and pour in the lemon juice
- Crush the garlic (with a press) into the mixture.
- Add a few glugs of olive oil and whisk with a fork until smooth. If the mixture is too viscous add a few tablespoons of tepid water.
- Add to the salad and boom, you’re done!